1) As a music major, more than half of my freshman classes will be music classes--not that that's a bad thing at all! It's like a dream come true for me to do music activities all day long!
2) Just because there's so much good food in the DH, don't pig out on everything...or better worded would be "don't eat five cookies, a slice of apple pie, and ice cream and call that your dinner." All the food in the DH is pretty great there, but just remember to eat healthy or else you'll find yourself gaining a good seven pounds in your freshman year.
3) Furman's simply a beautiful campus. Period.
4) There are several study abroad programs there and I seriously hope that I may travel to Italy in my junior year with the music department at Furman. Where's a better place in the world to study music than Italy?
5) Going up the stairs of the bell tower isn't exactly the wisest idea if you're scared of heights like me.
6) Don't get a tray in the DH. Not necessary and you'll definitely look lame carrying one around when everyone else is just carrying back plates of food to their table.
7) When in doubt, ask and talk to the people around you because everyone there whether they're a professor or a senior neuroscience major, everyone's willing to help you out. Oh, and they don't mind answering stupid questions. Good thing to know, right?
8) Leaving home and going to college may not be such a terrifying and upsetting thing afterall.
9) Making friends with other Furman students is pretty simple and easy because everyone up there is incredibly friendly and they just give off good vibes when you're around them.
10) Of course, I can't wait to be there in the fall! Go Paladins!