1) Joined the Furman Symphony Orchestra and also traveled with the Furman Wind Ensemble to Jacksonville to perform a concert for a convention.
2) Learned to play the alto flute--yes, I said alto flute.
3) Became a stagehand at Furman.
4) Attended an infinite number of concerts put on during the Juilliard in Aiken residency.
5) Survived the snow-pocalypse.
6) Took my first English class here at Furman.
7) Oh, and signed a publishing contract for a book deal during my spring break.
Nothing really interesting, huh? Perhaps, I should elaborate on the book deal news. About two weeks ago, I signed my publishing contract with PRA Publishing to publish a chapbook of my poetry. In late fall of 2014, A Close Proximity to the Heart will be released. I will be spending a good portion of my summer and winter breaks touring and giving loads of poetry readings.
Be on the lookout for more information.