Have you ever turned on the radio and realized how many songs mention something or anything at all about love? Turn to the country music station, you hear "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry. Twist the dial a notch to the left and you hear Sara Bareilles' "Love Song." Switch over to the classical music station and you hear a soprano from Carmen singing about love. Yank the radio dial to the right and you'll find your speakers blaring "WE ARE NEVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!" Love songs (or sometimes anti-love songs) are everywhere in every form possible! If you don't believe me, take out your iPod and scroll down your playlist and see how often the theme of love comes up.
Valentine's Day is coming up in some weeks ahead, and I can already feel the lovey-dovey songs hitting up the playlist in my head. It gets me in the spirit for my search for love. For anyone embarking on the quest with me through these next few weeks, give these songs a listen. There's a nice variety of songs in here so give them a nice listen.
1) "Somebody to Watch Over Me"--I particularly favor Renee Olstead's version of this song, but nice song to listen to overall.
2) "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5
3) "Thousand Years" by Christina Perri
4) "Rhythm of Love" by The Plain White T's
5) "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera
6) "Best of My Love" by The Emotions
7) "A Love That Will Last" by Renee Olstead
8) "Fearless" by Taylor Swift
9) "The Call" by Regina Spektor
10) "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz
11) "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Bublé
12) "I'll Be" (acoustic version) by Edwin McCain
13) "Arms" by Christina Perri
14) "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry
15) "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz
16) "Maybe" by Yiruma
17) "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman--personally, I like listening to Boyce Avenue's cover of this song
18) "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
19) "Collide" (acoustic version) by Howie Day
20) "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart--Classic oldie that always brings a smile to my face